Saturday 24 January 2009

Wossy's Back!

Yay!! The only reason (including Eastenders) to watch the otherwise dreary BBC is back, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross!

So Friday night saw the return of Jonathan Ross after his 3 month suspension, which happened following the whole hoohaa that occurred in the later end of last year. Which in turn meant that I was no longer able to enjoy my Friday night staple :(
Although the words 'mountain' and 'mole hill', come to mind when thinking of the incident, I can see, especially from Sachs' view, how bad the whole thing was! But everyone jumping on the bandwagon baying for Ross' and Brand's blood was a bit overblown and I hope this doesn't hinder Ross' performance, or make him feel that he has to 'clean up' his humour for the BBC!

Anyway back to the show! After briefly apologising for his actions (his sincerity being quite an odd thing to see actually!), Ross jumped straight in with his usual quips and classic one liners, and then revealed who was in his green room. Lee Evans, who for me is not one of the best comedians in Britain! And since he was first out I must admit I switched over for about 5 mins! Stephen Fry, a national treasure, who I never get tired of listening to, talked about his show 'Last Chance to See', in which he travels to various remote places around the world to find endangered animals. Then finally the highlight of the show, Tom Cruise! So what if he's a bit short! So what if he became highly annoying during his whole 'falling in love' with Katie Holmes faze, and I won't mention his weird erm.. 'passionate' dogmatic approach when discussing his pseudo-religion. But all that aside it was a great interview, Cruise has a great sense of humour, and doesn't really deserve to be slated in the media like he is on a regular basis. Overall the show could have been compared to a kid's first day back at school after suspension, slightly uneasy viewing, not knowing if something could go catastrophically wrong (what i don't kno?) ,but everything ran smoothly. :) Welcome Back JR!



Another memorable interview that I just remembered recently was one from Friday Night again, which happened in October of last year. Colin Farrell came on the show and was more fetching than usual....OK so he was lookin' HOT!! and I quite liked the long hair as well! Like I said before in a previous post about his long acceptance speech, I think this was the first time that I had noticed his kind of 'spirituality', and a certain peace that he has about him now. I was so used to seeing him in interview kind of rowdy and playful, and although he is still that, there was a subtle difference, which was kind of refreshing. Nice to see he's got his act together!



Y!

3 comments:

Super Noodle Rach said...

ahh thetom crusie interview was TOO FUNNYYY!!! when they were talking bout farts hahahaha!!!did the show seem really short to you?!

Super Noodle Rach said...

yup yinks its only $1.345 now coz i just ordered something how gay is that?! i think u shud change money soon...no bragains love u have to act like yur spending the pound!! i got a tee which was $26 which is £20....!SO RUBBISH!

Steph said...

I loved that Colin Farrell interview, his little spiritualistic speech! He could of recorded it into a song! I love him.