Thursday 22 January 2009

I'M BACK PART 2!

Righty Ho! back to some stuff that has happened in the last couple of months!!

There is always a hot new band or artist that everyone is listening to, but when it comes to music i'm really slow to 'jumping on the bang wagon' if you will! It often takes me a while to get into certain music, e.g i do recall saying about three years ago to a mate, 'Kings of Leon are shit!'. Look at me now eh! Anyway at the moment i am absolutely loving MGMT, Vampire Weekend and The Boxer Rebellion!

Mainly MGMT, who's album Oracular Spectacular, is just that...spectacular! Three words to describe them would be Psychedelic, futuristic, indie, pop, ok so thats four! Their music is fused with everything i love, the best bits from the 70's & 80's, and enough of what no one else is doing to set them apart. After hearing 'Electric Feel' I was hooked and got the album straight away! LISTEN!!


Kids



Alexandra Burke! The winner of the X Factor 2008! Thank god she won, and not that sorry excuse for an 'R&B' boyband JLS, or that Irish leprechaun Eoghan, uoghan, eogen! How the hell do you spell his name? I personally was a fan of Austin Drage! You know, the 4 foot something R&B/Soul singer! Oh, and Alexandra's performance with Beyonce....'wicked'! I admit I was a little excited at home when i knew Beyonce was going to be on the show, not because i'm and extreme fan of hers, but more to see what these two singers could conjure up,and the results spoke for themselves. Would it be a stretch to say that that one perfomance alone won the whole show for her..........

JOSH HARTNETT! Pearl Harbour (My fave!), The Faculty, Lucky Number Sleven! All great movies, but what would Mr Hot, I mean Mr Hartnett be like live on a West End stage? Well I found out in December with a couple of mates, we went to see one of the last showings of Rainman at the Apollo! Now although i've been to the theatre a few times, to see sum musicals, a few dreary plays for school. This I would say was my first 'proper' play! We had ok seats in the mezzanine, and a clear view of Josh! Now although my friend Rach thought it was ok to catch some z's during the production, I decided to stay alert and engrossed in this adaptation of the 1980's film starring Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. Overall I thought it was quite good, a little slow towards the end but the 2 hour duration did go by quicker than expected, plus a little bit of flesh exhibited by Hartnett (AKA my future husband if Caleb Followill is taken!) was a highlight! :)


Again, to reiterate what i mentioned before with the 'being late' with stuff!! I have now decided that I will now and forever continue to watch The Hills! Like a lot of people who were not hooked I thought it was a load of crap that MTV decided to make, due to a lack of ideas for truly great shows! But now after watching one episode, the drama is addictive, and yes it does all seem a little scripted and posed at some moments but WHO CARES! it's one guilty pleasure that i think everyone should have, and it also helps that they have a plethora of HOT! Californian dudes, waltzing around looking.......Hot!! But top dog for sure would be Audrina's serious eye candy of a boyfriend Justin Bobby! Now i don't know about you but his attitude and behaviour towards Audrina kinda stinks, but lookin like that i'd probably keep takin him back too!! So as long as they keep bringin' the drama, and episodes featuring Justin! I'll keep tunin' in!



Lady GaGa is a HOT MESS!! Sorry to steal my favourite Comedienne Chelsea Handler's saying but it's true! Yes, 'Just Dance' was a great song and it got her lots of recognition world wide, as well as the current No.1 spot on the charts in the UK! But there's something 'tacky' about her, to be honest i like her style and what she's trying to do, but recent pictures of her performing on stage with a man's head buried in her crotch really put me off, oh! and her prancing around London with granny knickers and tights (tights over the knickers!, just made me think eeew! No way she wasn't cold in these sub-zero temperatures, and all you fashionistas out there don't gimme that crap about 'sacrifice' and doing anything to look great! Or is seeking out Hypothermia the new cool thing to do now?



Y.

1 comment:

Super Noodle Rach said...

don't stealll my hubby joshy-woshy!!!!and ive told u since last year how hot justin is!!! DRROOLLLL only reason why i watched the hillss drrrolllll