Tuesday 24 February 2009

New York Part 2

I'm still a bit jet lagged from my week of gallivanting around the Big Apple!! But without being back 2 minutes, I'm already planning on going back in the summer! :)


My girl Zay outside our hotel!!




First, our hotel was surprisingly nice!! two double beds, en suite bathroom, TV and heating (which was definitely needed). Plus rides in Papi Chulo's Escalade, when we couldn't be fussed to take the train to Manhattan



So beyond shopping and sitting in damn Shisha bars for hours on end, me and the rest of the crew also got around to some other stuff!! One being a night when we watched some stand-up comedians at the East Ville Comedy Club.

This is a pic with us and the comedians outside the club, Dan Soder standing on the far left, was by far the funniest, and cutest!! (yes really!! the pictures don't do him justice!lol!)

http://eastvillecomedy.com/index.htm

That night for me was one of the funnest things we did on the trip!! to bad we couldn't visit there on our last night :(! I was really looking forward to it, but guess what, majority rules!! So guess what beat out a fun night of laughs......THAT DAMN SHISHA!!Hopefully, when I go back to NYC, I'll be able to catch another show :)

Anywho, besides being picked off one by one by each comedian!! Who at one point got on my case about how I spoke to him, saying something about it being very 'black', and laced with 'attitude'! We also went to the famous Webster Hall, which i didn't realise was such a big deal until after we'd been there! It's basically a 4 floor club with different types of music in each room, and obviously me and the girls were Hip Hoppin it all night long, for a steep $25, but it was worth it!!

http://websterhall.com/0809_websterhall/bookings/index.php


I bet you're thinking, Who is this guy? and what the fudge is he wearing!!
Well his name is Masahiro (Masa) Ito! We met him on two occasions while in NY, and @ first i was thinking, who the hell is this dude? On our trip we met a few 'nice' people, but me being so paranoid and pessimistic, I was always trying to think of what ulterior motive they may have had, but Masa just seemed to be a nice guy! Whilst eating in Majestics, opposite Applebees in Times Square, this random dude approached us and just struck up some converstaion, he was both sweet and intelligent, and I slowly realised there was nothing sinister about him. He is an artist/designer/sculpturoror(how in gods name do u spell it!). During our next meeting he gave us all a pair of feather earrings that he made, from feathers he got from Amerindians living in Montana......the stories he told were quite long but interesting, it was obvious he has lived an interesting life.










Y!

1 comment:

Super Noodle Rach said...

i put my NY pics up now on the blog!